Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Music Calendar

Dearest Loyal Imaginary Reader,

I've posted a music event calendar up here. It's that thing you see on the left, clogging up the blogrolls and looking generally horrible and amateurish. I hope to find a way to make it into a link, and thereby less stupid-looking. I've been whacking my computer with an ice cream scooper for the better part of an hour, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

There's no real guiding principle behind the calendar besides "Here are some events I might go to/am going to." Mostly in Philly and some New York, with a few tempting roadtrips like the Pitchfork Festival in Chicago thrown in for good measure.

It's fun making a calendar like this -- you find out about shows you might have missed otherwise. For instance, I had no idea that Daniel Johnston and O'Death were playing World Cafe on June 22. If you see me there, gentle imaginary reader, you should dance with me. I'll be one of the many hairy shirtless sweaty guys shambling around. (Really putting the "no such thing as bad publicity" theory to the test there.)

[Update: Okay, I've moved the event calendar to the bottom of the page, where it looks less ridiculous but is also harder to find. Does anybody know how to do that thing where a link takes you to a different place on the same page? You know, like Wikipedia does?]

3 comments:

Rickey said...

Nifty add on. Rickey could use something similar on his site. Is it html based (generated automatically) or did you type all that in?

Dr. Teeth said...

Typed it all in, I'm afraid. Now what on Earth is HTML?

Rickey said...

Best as he can figure, its some sort of newfangled code that allows Rickey to use italics to convey his snarkyness.